Saturday, January 31, 2009

Unexpected Gifts


Melissa and I went to Charleston last week for some meetings. While we were there we left her car in Morgantown to get a new windshield. My friend (brother is more like it) Dave Haas works for/runs the local shop that replaced the windshield.
We left Charleston on Tuesday morning due to the snow and ice because all our meeting were canceled. When we got back to town Melissa dropped me off to pick up her car while she returned the rental.
To my surprise, after cleaning off 4 inches of snow, Dave had left a bottle of very nice Bourbon and a book for expecting fathers. It turns out that someone did this for him and he is passing along the tradition.
The gift was unexpected and a great gesture, just shows you could not buy a friend as good as Dave with a fist full of fifty dollar bills.

2 comments:

spinster girl said...

Let me know if you want to try. I can be bought for much less. What a nice gift and an even better friend. Lucky you!

Mycket said...

I think it's great that you would post about such a kindness. It says a lot about why Dave's friends with you, too.