Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Whiskey Path


In the time of Prohibition folks from around the surrounding area (West Virginia and Pennsylvania) would walk the "Whiskey Path" to come to the Stewartstown area distilleries. That path happens to be on the property that my wife and I own.


Melissa and I have been out here for going on two months now, and I am still waiting to see a ghost from those times. We are lucky enough to also have a Mason-Dixon Line Marker as well, even though we have not gone out to find it, we are still waiting to see a ghost from that time too.



We moved into a very history rich area. The property we have touches on Cheat Lake. Before the Lake Lynn Dam was built and the valley flooded my great grandparents farm touched on our boundaries.



I hope to keep this updated with the goings on in our lives, share stories, recipes and a photo or two. Until then...

2 comments:

TTHBTK said...

That is so cool. We'll have to go find that marker. You said something about there being whiskey at the marker, right?

redneck muppet said...

welcome to the internet tubes sir...